Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Ephemeral Wonder

DSCN3034
Snow crystals on moss
Just so you know, it's kind of a rule that during the first snow of the season you have to drop everything, put on a coat, and make your way to the nearest exit so that you can look up and let the snow land on your face and delight your spirit. Failure to do so marks you as too old. And so I stepped out the door yesterday afternoon.

After a couple of minutes looking up and watching snowflakes seeming materialize from heaven, I caught a couple on my tongue and then went for a walk in the woods. The most intriguing sight I beheld were spiderwebs capturing a harvest of snowflakes.

I am always amazed by the wondrous magic of ice crystals.

DSCN3039
Snowflakes captured in a spiderwebs

DSCN3025

DSCN3042

DSCN3044
Sycamore leaves

DSCN3045

DSCN3049

No comments:

Post a Comment