Saturday, January 24, 2015

Snow!

As we readied for bed last night, the silence of snow falling only amplified the notes of two owls calling through the darkness. It was peaceful and calm, and it made drifting off to sleep simple thinking of wet snowflakes collecting on a branch around a sitting owl. I looked forward to morning, and prayed the temperature would stay low.

I was not to be disappointed. We awoke this morning to a world transformed. Maybe it's because I don't see it often enough, but I am always amazed at how instantly and completely a snowfall changes everything. A saunter through the woods at dawn felt like we were walking through a world made of lace. Here are a few pictures from the morning.

As I post this, it is 12 noon and the snow is nearly gone. Moments of beauty are often transitory. If you live in middle Tennessee, I hope you got to see it.

DSCN6886

DSCN6891

DSCN6901

DSCN6908

DSCN6912

DSCN6924

DSCN6933

DSCN6935

DSCN6941

DSCN6960

No comments:

Post a Comment