Saturday, June 4, 2016

Weird Weather

So I hear this is the second year in a row Texas has been hit with 500 year flooding. That's kind of weird, huh? The death and destruction is tragic. 

Also, there was record breaking flooding in Europe this week, killing at least 15 in France, Germany, Romania, and Belgium. The Louvre art museum in Paris hastily moved thousands of stored pieces to upper levels of the building to protect it from the flooding river Seine. The Mona Lisa was already safely on an upper floor. 

I could go on and on with this list of environmental disasters, but over half my friends are already irritated. They like it when I share pretty pictures of nature, but they take another view when I suggest we should do something to save it or in any way change our ways. It's even worse if I suggest we reverence and bear responsibility for the care of creation. At that point I'm obviously in league with the crazy environmentalists. 

It's okay. And I think I get where you're coming from. And I'm sure we'll adapt to climate change. Or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment